تقویت زبان تخصصی مهندسی شیمی و زبان عمومی

designchem

متخصص طراحی دستگاههای تبادل حرارت
کاربر ممتاز
تنبلی نکنید ها قشنگ از پست 1 بخونید میدونم من خودم هم اصلاً حوصلم نمیاد متن انگلیسی رودرست حسابی بخونم ولی بالاخره بعد از یه مدت عادت می کنیم بچه ها همکاری کنید خداییش آبرومون نره! اگرم پیشنهاد بهتری داشتید که جذابتر باشه استفاده کنیم.

As an engineer we should improve our English willy-nilly.
We are going to develop our vocabulary not only in common English but also in technical field.It’s clear that you know the meaning of most of the technical words,but be sure when you are supposed to remember one of the your mind will go blank. I had an experience :when I wanted to remember “nirooye goriz az markaz”
Yes It seems ridiculous but I couldn’t remember: centrifugal.
After all ,you are requested to answer the question by your own words. The questions will be some fundamental definitions on Thermodynamic ,fluid mechanic ,.. .You are not allowed to cheat. Please don’t copy and paste .
Our aim is application of English in our major.
We will replace your definition with some definition that natives use at their book .You compare them.
I should confess that I am so simple at English so I invite the profession to help us and correct sbs like me.(Thanks in advanced)

فکر می کنم لازمه فارسی این چیزهایی رو که نوشتم بگم .درسته که شما وقتی یه متن انگلیسی رو میخونید معنی خیلی لفات تخصصی رو میدونید ولی وقتی مجبورید بر عکس به یاد بیارید خیلی براتون سخته خود من یه بار می خواستم بگم نیروی گریز از مرکز ولی یادم نیومد که نیومد شاید مسخره باشه ولی حقیقته هدف از ایجاد این تاپیک این هست که برای تعاریف بنیادی در مهندسی شیمی با دانش خودمون و البته استفاده از دیکشنری تعریف انگلیسی بیاریم.بعد تعاریفمون رو با چند تا تعریف که توی کتابهای زبان اصلی هست مقایسه می کنیم تا نوع نگارششون دستمون بیاد من خودم تو انگلیسی چه عمومی چه تخصصی حرفه ای نیستم که بتونم جملات بقیه رو اصلاح کنم خواهش می کنم افرادی که انگلیسی خوبی دارند به بقیه کمک کنند.پیشاپیش ممنون.

آخرین ویرایش:

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
willy-nilly: if something happens willy-nilly, it happens whether you want it to or not
be supposed to do /be sth : used to say what someone should or should not do, especially because of rules or what someone in authority has said:
sb’mind goes blank: if your mind goes blank, you suddenly cannot remember something:

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
First question(don’t sneer at the question try to make a professional definition)

1) Please describe triple point for pure material.

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
سلام فکر میکنم نقطه سه گانه باشه
dear maryam,

I mean you give a try to make a complete definition in Engilish describe it completely .
example:triple point is a point that three phase:liquid,gas,solid can make an equillibrium,...
Then we will compare our sentenses with an original one.​

FZ.H

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
triple point
the condition of pressure and temperature under which three phases of a pure substance can coexist in equilibrium is called the triple state,triple point,or triple-phase point of substance​

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
دوستهای خوبم همه ما خیلی خوب میدونیم نقطه سه گانه چه نقطه ای است پس وقتی یه نفر جواب داد بقیه نگن خوب درسته دیگه. هدفمون اینجا انگلیسی است حتی اگه چند نفر جواب دادن شما هم جواب خودتون رو بگید سعی کنید هر چی راجع بهش میدونید انگلیسی توضیح بدین بعد چند نمونه تعریف انگلیسی رو برای مقایسه با تعریف خودمون میذاریم.

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
second question:please introduce the profession of chemical engineering:gol:
after 4 years I could't exactly find out what is the duty of an chemical engineer. But eventually I understood everything that mechanical engineer and electrical engineers don't know you have to know.chemical engineers 's duty is so extended . We have to know all oil and gas equipments and their operation and the method of their design.after that we should know the the process of plant and the relation between equipments.A chemical engineer should be care of safety for each equipments.And finally simulation can assist an engineer.We should learn not only our technical softewares like hysys and aspen,.. but also fluent and Matlab.​

پیرجو

مدیر ارشد
مدیر کل سایت
مدیر ارشد
This is my idea, my opinion is better than write some words after this task, first specialty written and translated and then put a text and then start to translate​

My Number One

عضو جدید
Hi,Ok, First of all I have to thank
designchem
for making the topic, Secondly, I'd like to write a little bit about "Chemical Engineering".
People always misunderstand the type of work a chemical engineer peforms and it's always because of the narrow confusing term "Chemical Engineering" .
When somebody hears the word "Chemical Engineer", it suddenly comes to their mind that such a person must be either "a chemist who builds things" or "an engineer who makes chemicals", though none of them are true, and it's not even close to the type of work a chemical engineer does.
All engineers study mathematics, physics, and the engineering art to solve problems, Yet, it is the chemical engineer alone who uses the vast science of chemistry to solve a wide range of problems.
Chemical engineers are actually extremely able to handle a wide range of technical problems and that's why some experts describe them as the "Universal Engineer".
Chemical engineers have reached enermous achievements to make the life better during 100 past years.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) has made a list of the "10 Greatest Achievements of Chemical Engineering." to celebrate these accomplishments.
Here's the link to this list :
http://www.eng.uwo.ca/people/aray/CHENG10.pdf

FZ.H

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
hi every body.thank a lots pirjo.it is a good idea.thus it is beter to countinue discussing about triple point

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
But I offer to start another one.I am about to discuss about equipments.It will be more attractive:

What is a bath heater?

If you don't know what it is exactly you can read about it then paraphrase it with your own words.;)

My Number One

عضو جدید
Bath Heater?!! K, I gotta confess, I don't know "nothing" bout it, never heard of it! :D Let me see If I can get some information then maybe I've got somethin to say, You guys, start posting. ;)x

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
Bath Heater?!! K, I gotta confess, I don't know "nothing" bout it, never heard of it! :D Let me see If I can get some information then maybe I've got somethin to say, You guys, start posting. ;)x
. :biggrin: and I should admit that I chose it deliberately
Don't worry .I will give you a hint.
fired equipments are categorized into two groups: direct and indirect.
We can call fired heater as an direct equipment.type of heat transfer is convection and radiation in this group.
bath heaters are included second type:indirect equipments.water bath includes a coil that gas enters and gets hot (usually from 4C to 38 C) . This coil are put in a shell. shell is full of a fluid like water(it is called water bath heater) that is getting hot by a burner.Maximum temprature of water is usually 80C​

My Number One

عضو جدید
. :biggrin: and I should admit that I chose it deliberately
Don't worry .I will give you a hint.
fired equipments are categorized into two groups: direct and indirect.
We can call fired heater as an direct equipment.type of heat transfer is convection and radiation in this group.
bath heaters are included second type:indirect equipments.water bath includes a coil that gas enters and gets hot (usually from 4C to 38 C) . This coil are put in a shell. shell is full of a fluid like water(it is called water bath heater) that is getting hot by a burner.Maximum temprature of water is usually 80C​

Oh Thank you for making us confused "deliberately" ! LOL Thanks;) x

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
This is my idea, my opinion is better than write some words after this task, first specialty written and translated and then put a text and then start to translate​
Dear Dr Prijoo,
We could't use your idea.Would ypu please explain more.If you mean translating a text we can translate our text(like sec 8 GPSA) after our discussion.​

آخرین ویرایش:

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
It seems that I must continue .Never mind I realy love English.I will ask and will answer .Hey lazies! Engilish is so sweet.
Finally I managed to understand Mr Pirjoo's idea:
first step:new vocabulay about a subject(thriple point for example) then translating a text.​

آخرین ویرایش:

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
I translated the first paragraph of fired heater equipments (section 8

;)GPSA).It was a piece of cake.

فایر هیتر ها گرمای تولید شده از احتراق یک گاز را به جریان فرایندی منتقل می کنند.در تجهیزات فرایندی گازی , سوخت معمولاً گاز طبیعی است اگر چه اتان ,پروپان,بوتان,روغنهای سبک هم گاهی استفاده میشوند.جریان فرایندی به طور گسترده ای از گاز طبیعی, هیدروکربنهای سنگین ,آب,گلیکول,محلولهای آمین و روغنها و نمک ذوب شده قابل تغییر است.

هیترها را می توان به دو دسته تقسیم کرد:

1- هیتر های مستقیم , که سوخت گازی حجم بیشتر هیتر را که شامل قسمت تشعشعی و جابجایی( بالای قسمت تشعشعی) است, اشغال میکند.در قسمت تشعشعی سوخت گازی جریانی را که در لوله ها یی با جداره نسوز شده جریان دارد گرم میکند.هیتر های از نوع جابجایی نوع خاصی از این هیتر ها هستند که فقط شامل قسمت جابجایی هستند.
2- فایر تیوب هیتر ها :در این نوع سوخت گازی درون یک فایر تیوب که درون یه شل پر از مایع احاطه شده قرار گرفته است . این مایع می تواند خود جریان فرایندی باشد یا مایعی باشد که کویلی را که حامل جریان فرایندی است احاطه کرده باشد.

آخرین ویرایش:

anjirizadeh

عضو جدید
triple point is a state that is between solid and vapor and liquid phase. in p-v diagram if we come down we have vapor and if we go to tap of it may we have solid phase and may liquid phase .
اگه اشتباه دستور زبانی دارم لطفا بهم بگید.مرسی

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
triple point is a state that is between solid and vapor and liquid phase. in p-v diagram if we come down we have vapor and if we go to tap of it may we have solid phase and may liquid phase .
اگه اشتباه دستور زبانی دارم لطفا بهم بگید.مرسی
dear Angirizade,try to think in English way you have translated exactly persian to english,you can't use we go to top of liquid phase,because you can't walk on a chart!​

designchem

کاربر ممتاز
It seems,all of you are interested in triple point.It dosen't matter.We will end in triple point by the difinition in THERMODAMIC book by "VAN Wylen":​

Please pay attention to words you should learn them:
اولیه initial:
further:more
equilibrium:you know
sublimation line: خط تصعید
fusion line:an envelople that liquid and solid can be in equilibrium.
distinct change:تغییر مستقیم

who can translate this part? It's apiece of cake

By the way,It's a piece of cake means "it is so easy"​

بالا